By Dr Mike
You can boost the intensity of your powers for 30 seocnds, but spend the next 30 seconds after that severely weakened before you can boost again.
You can create a powerful electrical explosion around yourself, but doing so drains you of all energy temporarily.
You can make yourself immune to all damage for the next 30 seconds, but doing so halves your health points. You cna't become unstoppable again for 30 seconds.
All these powers use the same underlying mechanics - you get a special command on youself. Using it will produce a customised and potentially very powerful result, but also comes at a costy in the form of a side-effect. These are used to represent powers that you only use in times of desperation.
Command: The command name used to call on your 'feat' power
Function: The effect of the power, as described through a Python function name. See the list below.
SideEffect: The side-effect that using the power incurs, once again a Python function.
Power: A power that you use in the special function. Use varies with the function you choose.
Parameter: A second parameter required by some functions.
- UsePower: -uses the power speicfied by the Power parameter on the target. This is used for blasts such as MEGABLAST, obviously, but could also be used with an infinite range sprint power, for example. Parameter is ignored.
- UsePower2X: -As above but you overpower the power to the full two levels automatically.
- UsePower4X: -As above but you overpower the power to four levels automatically! You can't do this in game normally, so its a pretty powerful effect!
- boostStrength: - boosts the intensity of all your powers temporarily. The effect lasts 30 seconds. Parameter can be set to a Resources Tab effect - this will then play on you while boosted - the default is a yellow and black "Kirby dot" effect similar to density control.
- unstoppable: - makes you immune to all damage (but not to all status effects). Parameter can be set to a Resources Tab effect - this will then play on you while unstoppable.
- useHeroPoint: Using the power costs a hero point, and once they're all gone the power can't be used anymore.
- zapEnergy: Your energy drops to zero and does not recover. Your energy recharge will be dropped to zero and slowly recover over time.
- zapStrength: The power of your attacks drops to one-third for the next thrity seconds after using the power, leaving you severely weakened.
- zapSpeed: Your speed drops significantly after using the power and recovers slowly after that.
- takeDamage: Using the power causes you to take 15-30 damage each time.
- takeDamage50: You have a 50% chance of taking 30-50 damage from using the power.
- faint10: You have a 10% chance of Ko-ing yourself completely from the strain of using the power.
- halfHealth: After using hte power your maximum and current health halves.
- irradiate50: You have a 50% chance of becoming irradiated.
- hex50: You have a 50% chance of being hexed.
- zapEnergyAndStrength: drops energy, recharge and power intensity.
- zapEnergyAndSpeed: drops enery and speed.
- zapSpeedAndStrength: drops speed and strength.