By Dr Mike
You have a customisable response to taking damage in the case of DEFENCE MECHANISM.
You have a customisable reaction to being KO'd. When you hit zero health, you survive for an extra 5 seconds in order to carry out this reaction.
Function: The name of a Python function that specifies what happens when the character takes damage or gets KO'd.
Parameter: A parameter passed to the Python function. The meaning of this will vary depending on the function chosen.
List of Functions for Defence Mechanism and Last Resort:
- lastShot: the character fires off a power named by the parameter, at the nearest target available. This will interrupt whatever the character is doing at the time.
Parameter: A ranged power
- strengthThroughPain: the character gets a strength boost on their base strength of damage*0.2. Parameter is ignored.
- energyThroughPain: the character gains energy points when damaged, equal to damage*4. Excess energy (above their maximum) creates an explosion specified by the parameter, with intensity dependent on the excess.
Parameter: An explosion power
- spawnAllies: allies of the template specified by the parameter spawn around the character. One creature is spawned per 10 points of damage, with fractions translating to a percentage chance of an extra spawning. ie.7 damage means a 70% chance of one spawn, 44 damage means 4 definites, but a 40% chance of a fifth one spawning.
If an object template is specified, the objects will be killed in a couple of seconds, meaning that the character can drop exploding chunks when damaged if an explosion is set in the template tab for the object.
Parameter: A character or object template
- createLightningStorm, createHailStorm and createFireStorm: causes the sky to rain lightning, hail or fire, similar to the effects of WEATHER CONTROL or ENVIRONMENT CONTROL (GLOBAL)
- spawnBombs: Shoot out a number of bombs (similar to spawn allies) with a customisable explosion set by the parameter.
Parameter: An explosion power
- earthQuake: Create lines of objects named by the parameter, with small knockback explosions around each.
Parameter: An object template
- randomRepsonse: a random magical response may be triggered, spawning a red sylph, creating a hail storm, attacking a nearby character with an explosive bolt or casting a large area exile or alteration area power.
- resistanceThroughPain: the character gains Invulnerable points equal to the damage*0.65. The Invulnerable Points begin to disappear if the character is no longer getting damaged.
- strengthandResistanceThroughPain: the character gets a strength boost on their base strength of damage*0.2 and gains Invulnerable points equal to the damage*0.65. The Invulnerable Points begin to disappear if the character is no longer getting damaged.
- adrenalineSurge: increases resistance to panic and stun, provides healing at a rate proportional to the amount of damage received, and increases Strength +1 each time the character is damaged to a max. +2. All effects are canceled if the character is mental blanked or no more enemies are in visual range.