YOUR CUSTOM CHARACTERS:
This covers a few basic procedures for creating new characters or modifying existing ones using FFX.
'HOW TO' GUIDE
Creating a new custom character
- If you dont want to use any new attack types, and are happy with the way the attributes work by default, just create the character and buy FFX Attributes as normal. Its as simple as that!
Creating a new custom character and customising them
You can now fine tune the character as described in the following section.
- Run Freedom Force vs the Third Reich and create your character. You don't need to finalise the design yet, just give them a name you're going to stick with.
- Save the character.
- Quit Freedom Force. This is necessary in order for the character to get 'branded' properly.
- Run FFX Control Centre. Check that your character in the Character selection list (they'll have a * next to their name since they're a custom).
- Press Save. This completes the 'branding' process and your character is now known to the FFX system.
You can leave the FFX Control Centre open for now.
- Run Freedom Force vs the Third Reich again (with the special shortcut, remember?) and finish off your character, buying attributes and powers. If you want to use any of the new power types, choose a suitable substitute attack type (for a beam projectile or melee) now and make a note of it.
Example: Say I want a Gravity Increase attack that works vs. Mystical, buy a beam with the HEX/SPECIAL attack type and call it GRAVITY BEAM or something similar. We'll then set Hex to work as Gravity Increase for this character later.
Modifying an existing custom character
The important thing to note is that if you create a new custom character, and run FFX Control Centre after doing so, this will invalidate any branding information. You'll need to shut down Freedom Force and restart it to be sure that all customisations are working.
- If you havent done so already, run FFX Control Centre before opening Freedom Force. This will brand your custom characters so FFX can identify them later in game. Leave it open - you can ALT-TAB between Freedom Force and the Control Centre during a game sesion to make changes.
- If you've got a character with FFX Attributes, or a swappable attack (anything marked with /SPECIAL in the type field of beam, melee or projectile), you can customise them with FFX Control Centre.
- Take the character into a Danger Room session after making your customisations, and test their powers and attributes.
- If you dont like the way they're working, or want different FX or something, you can make the necessary changes in FFX Control Centre, then return to a running Danger Room session, restart it and try again. This is enough to reload the customisations for your character.